Uganda Mission Team
It was our first day of work in the medical clinic in Africa when a young mother arrived carrying her baby girl who had malaria. The small child was unresponsive and only hours from death. Our team quickly administered IV fluids and medicine. We could only pray that the child would live.
Imagine if you can, living in rural parts of Africa where access to medical care and clean water is scarce. Each day is a struggle to survive.
Could you find hope?
This year, our team will return to Uganda to share the good news of Jesus Christ to those who are walking without him. While in Uganda, the team ministers in many ways:
• By “walking the trail” with a Christian translator and sitting with families to share the good news
• Visiting prisons to share the freedom and only hope that comes with knowing the Lord
• Presenting the gospel in schools to hundreds of schoolchildren
• Holding free medical clinics
• Planting new church development in the Eastern Ugandan Presbytery
• Hosting a daily children’s bible school to teach the little ones of the love of God
• Supporting King’s Kids, an orphan home ministry of the Presbyterian Church of Uganda, which builds a duplex for four boys and four girls at each Presbyterian Church in eastern Uganda. The homes are staffed by two house mothers from the congregation which supports them and the orphans.
Every year that the Lord sends us to Uganda, we see miracles unfold as we bring the true Living Water to a dry and thirsty land. Many people there exist on the brink of spiritual death just as the baby girl in the story. But our God is a God of healing and restoration. And two days after giving her IV fluids and medicine, the young mother appeared at the clinic entrance holding the baby girl who was now alert and eating vigorously. Praise the Lord!
We humbly ask for you to partner with us as we embark on another trip to Uganda. We covet your prayers most of all, but would also very much appreciate any level of financial partnership.
We’d like to invite you and your mission-minded friends to join us for:
Uganda Mission Team OK BBQ Cook-Off and Auction
on Saturday, May 20, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center
of First Presbyterian Church of Edmond located at 1001 S. Rankin St. Edmond, OK 73034.
Come taste the culinary accomplishments of our finest grill masters!
Our live auction will have vacation getaways, dinners, and much more.
Admission is just $10/adult and $5/child, and it’s all you can eat!
(Dinner and a movie will be available for children.)
We deeply appreciate the prayers and support of our brothers and sisters in Christ as we respond to God’s call to “go forth and make disciples of all nations.”